Monday, January 24, 2011

Busy is the way to be…

Today was a busy day for me with a lot of things that I had to finish before the end of the day. I’m still working on it but I’m hoping to be done well before midnight. If I manage to finish I can start on my two week reprieve to get myself back on track.

In an attempt to get myself out of the rut I’ve fallen into I’ve applied to work for a former employer. We parted on terms that could have been better. I left the company because the management team at the time was mistreating my fellow co-workers and me. That team was fired from the company not long after I left the company due to the bad press they received and the way their behaviors created an adverse effect on the business. I’m hoping that the track record of those managers will sufficiently counteract the fact that I left without ever signing my termination papers.

I don’t really want to be moving backwards in my employment history, but these are tough times and I can’t allow my pride to get in the way of me being able to pay my bills. Keeping my head above water is more important than any ego that I may have.

I continued reading my book by Deborah Blake and I should have it finished tomorrow. I look forward to being able to share with you what I’ve discovered in between the covers of her book.

The diet went only so-so today and I have no excuse for that. I wasn’t able to get into cooking today and so that allowed me to make food that wasn’t exactly on the menu. I’m hoping that I’ll have all of the items that aren’t good for me out of the house within the next few days.

Ok, back to work for me. Talk to you again tomorrow.

Pounds lost: 17.1 (371.9)
Daily insight: You can’t have tunnel vision when you’re looking at the big picture.
Ounces of water consumed: 64
Steps in the right direction: 76

No comments:

Post a Comment