Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blessed Imbolc...

What a whirl… what a whirl…

It looks like the experiment I did about water came back to haunt me. I had mentioned that my back was hurting in my last post and the next day it decided to take a vacation without taking me along with it. When my back goes out there’s not a lot I can do about it except force myself to force it to do what I want it to do. Unfortunately, it usually takes a good 3 days before my back starts understanding my commands again and another 2-3 days before I can do more than do an internal happy dance because my legs and brain are once more communicating. I’m thankful that my back doesn’t go on vacation very often, but when it does it really does a number on me.

Today is Imbolc and I’m sad to say that I wasn’t able to celebrate it with a full ritual like I’d prefer. Instead I simply closed my eyes, opened myself up to the Mother, and thanked her for continuing to turn the wheel of the year and beckon spring to come soon. My sister asked me what the holiday was about and I remember mentioning to her that milk played a role in the holiday with feast foods often including milk as an ingredient. I knew that milk was a part of it because animals (that aren’t on a cycle of hormones-thanks milk industry!) usually start producing milk at this time of year getting ready for spring foaling. It’s a symbol of renewal and abundance. Sooooo.. when I talked to her later today she asked me if I got some milk. LOL She mentioned it a couple of times and made me laugh. I told her she needed some milk because she was feeling tired. Milk does a body good, after all. :D

I’m so glad to be feeling human again and what a momentous day for that to happen. This year, Imbolc means more to me than a cherished holiday. It’s the day that I got my back to come back from vacation so I could get all the things I need done, done. I had taken two weeks off of my freelancing job so I could get a bunch of much needed work done around the house and when my back went out I got angry. I lost well over a week fighting to gain my feet again. Grrr, bad back! I can’t punish it, though, because it could easily go out on strike and put me in an even worse position. That.. would suck. Ayup.

Tomorrow is weigh in day and I admit I’m a little nervous. Not being able to stand on my feet usually means I am unable to eat as well as I should be. Soooo, there’s the chance that I’ve fallen even further backwards than I had before. I can only hope that I can get on the scale without an accompanying growl. Poor scale isn’t telling me bad news on purpose.

I hope that tomorrow brings even more blessings than today for you, yours, and everyone.

Pounds lost: 17.1 (371.9)
Daily insight: Ever feel like you need a vacation from your vacation? I need a vacation from my back’s vacation. :D
Ounces of water consumed: 64
Steps in the right direction: 86

No comments:

Post a Comment