Thursday, February 10, 2011

Taking care of the remnants of Autumn...

The weather has been so wonderful for the last couple of weeks and it makes me think that Spring is just around the corner. Workload and illness has restricted my ability to collect and toss out all of the trappings of autumn that were cluttering up my front and back yards. The leaves are everywhere and the grass is struggling to break through.

Today I went on another ride today. I went to visit my grandparents that live about 2 miles from my house. I managed to get there in about 20 minutes. Exciting! We visited for over an hour before I biked on back home. When I got back I was still feeling so energized that I managed to clean up my backyard. All the leaves that I could wrangle are now in the green waste bin. My potted plants can now breath without the clog of leaves. I was pleasantly surprised when I went to de-leaf one pot and discovered that wild onions had been brought in by birds and the wind and were now thriving. I transplanted the flowers that had been in that pot and have given it over to the wild onions. How exciting! I love it when nature gives me a gift like that.

Cleaning the backyard took up most of the day so when I was done I was… DONE. Hehehe. I’m exhausted. I know I’m going to sleep really well tonight. I am going to be working for my Dad tomorrow so I have to make sure that I actually succeed in waking up with my alarm in the morning. I hope I can! The sandman usually has a strong hold on me in the morning.

Well, today was weigh in day and although I keep cringing when I step on the scale I was pleased to discover I had lost 3.2lbs. Wahoo! I believe I owe that loss completely to biking! The plan is to get my diet completely back on track come Monday so when I ride I’ll be making more of a dent in my weight loss. I can’t wait until I’ve built up enough endurance to ride to the grocery store instead of driving.

Pounds lost: 15.3 (373.7)
Daily insight: Exercise increases your energy level!
Ounces of water consumed: 64
Steps in the right direction: 94

No comments:

Post a Comment