Friday, February 25, 2011

I’ve been a bad, bad girl…

Yes, it’s true.. I, too, can be a bad, bad girl. In fact, I’m being one right now. Bet you couldn’t tell because of the magical screen of your computer that has mysteriously gone all sparkly. Hehehe. But seriously.. it’s been an astonishing 7 days since I last posted and that makes me a bad girl.

Strangely enough I can’t figure out what has kept me captivated until well past midnight each and every night. I do know that once my back started feeling better I found myself wandering around the house looking for things to do. I have almost finished my project for my business that will allow me to get down to the work of designing and creating garments. I just have one thing to say about ductape.. it is NOT oblivious to the laws of physics as some of the hype you may have heard suggests. The bodyform is drooping in places that it shouldn’t and is sagging in other places in response to gravity. I do believe I’ve also overstuffed the poor silver monster because it keeps popping its seams. Which is odd because there are plenty of spots on the thing that seem to lack stuffing. Hmm, how to get it to shift without having to dissect it again is the question.

I also need to make a trip to the home improvement store for a ridiculously long screw to keep the bodyform from leaning so far forward that it falls over. I have reason to believe that it’s the short screw currently in the base that is allowing this to happen. The weight is making that small screw useless.

We’ve been having some interesting weather in Northern California lately. Today while I was letting tossing the toy, inside, for the puppy I heard noise on the roof. It didn’t sound like rain so I glanced at the blinds that were open slightly and saw small white objects hit the ground. I didn’t believe my eyes so I ran to the door. The puppy and I stepped out to see blue skies over my neighbors house across the street and yet there was hail coming down so thick it almost looked like rain until you noticed the white pebbles all over the ground. Blue sky.. and hail? Intriguing!

I keep being told that its supposed to snow here, which is DOESN’T traditionally do, but the news tonight said it probably wouldn’t happen. :( Boooooooo. But at least the mountains to the east and north of us will be beautiful with their white caps. The last time it actually snowed here I was in high school. Sadly, it wasn’t enough to get us a snow day. :D

I have to thank the trike rides for the weight I lost, because going along with the theme of me being a bad, bad girl I haven’t been doing the diet very well. Today was the best attempt so far this week, but I failed to drink very much water. I need to get back on the ball.

It’s supposed to be sunny but really, really cold tomorrow so I plan on going for another ride. I probably won’t bring the puppy since she’d be shivering through the whole ride. But we’ll see.. she may not let me go easily. She’s so possessive… well, as possessive as an 9lb dog can be. LOL

Today is my mother’s birthday and she’s spending it with two of her sisters in Sacramento. I hope she had a really great day and comes home smiling. I left her a silly message on her home phone that I hope brings a smile to her lips when she hears it on her return home. We get to get together with her next weekend to celebrate. :)

Pounds lost: 17 (372.0)
Daily insight: Beware of small dogs.. they will use you as a trampoline if you let them!
Ounces of water consumed: 32
Steps in the right direction: 109

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by to say hi and see how all is your world. Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Jennifer Wright and I run PaganPagesOrg Emagazine (http://www.paganpages.org). We are a free monthly, non profit, epublication on Witchcraft, Magick, Paganism in all it's forms.
    I came across your blog and was wondering, if you would like, or had the time, if you would like a column in our publication. We have been out for over 6 years now. If you go into our archives section you will see, on the bottom of our page, issues going back around 6 years. We have interviewed and reviewed many well known Pagans.

    If this is something that interests you, please let me know.

    Also, Just congrats on the weight loss. I am 316 myself and working hard, but i could be working harder at it.

    Much Love,
    Jenn
    PaganPages.org

    ReplyDelete