Saturday, February 12, 2011

Weekends are for resting, right?…

Ok, so yesterday I said I’d admit it if I didn’t complete my laundry list of my to do list. Well… I didn’t. LOL I did make a good dent in it and tomorrow I have more plans to finish it off. I’m hoping to pick up a half wine barrel and some great fertilizer from my parents that I can add to the others in my front yard where I grow vegetables. Since the majority of my to do list has to do with the front yard I figured I could hold off on doing them until I get the barrel and fertilizer.

My happy place got a little dented today when I was talking to a friend of mine. We were talking about how being a writer has changed so much in just the last 20 years. More and more people are writing and less and less people are becoming successful at it. Getting published seems to be similar to the odds you have at getting chosen to sing on American Idol. Thousands of hopefuls and only one winner. Depressing! It’s possible that I have better odds at winning the lottery. LOL! Naaaaw, I don’t think that’s the case. Plus, when I write it’s usually to hopefully help other people or it’s just for me. I guess it could be said that I’m not really looking to be “discovered”. I’d probably be happy just to make my family happy with silly stories.

I went on another ride today. It was beautiful outside here in Northern California and since rain isn’t expected until this coming week I figured I should enjoy the sunshine while I can. The puppy and I set out for a short ride to take us to the dog park before taking a tour of a nearby neighborhood. My legs are still sooo sore from all the riding and it’s making me walk funny. Even just walking through the house can be awkward enough to even amuse myself. Hehehe.

The diet went pretty well today, but I’ve noticed that I keep “missing” breakfast. I think that’s hurting my weight loss. I need to make sure that even if it’s just a piece of fruit I get something in my belly an hour after I get up. That’s my goal for this coming week.. I will get back into the habit of eating breakfast.

Pounds lost: 15.3 (373.7)
Daily insight: Sleeping in is a Saturday tradition, isn’t it?
Ounces of water consumed: 64
Steps in the right direction: 96

No comments:

Post a Comment