Monday, February 7, 2011

Making Plans…

Today I spent some time with my sister and then worked to complete a contract that I had for my freelance work. I’m trying to whittle down the workload I had through a specific website so I can start focusing on more lucrative projects. I was talking to my sister today and she reminded me how excited I had been about a clothing line I had started to design for people that are following the pagan path.

Not all of us are comfortable completing rituals skyclad nor is the weather always reasonable for doing so. There are paths that don’t call for being unclothed to commune with their creator. When I have searched for ritual wear online I have noticed a lack of creativity in a lot of what I find. There are cloaks, of course, and many of them are lovely but I believe people would like to have something in addition to a cloak. I have seen robes, but they usually look unisex and rather boring. What I love to see are the flowing skirts and bellowy shirts that come out when people gather at events. I like the idea of these kinds of clothing being used specifically for ritual.

One of the most important parts of preparing for a rite is to attune your energy to the task at hand or purpose of the ceremony. Many books encourage you to have jewelry specifically set aside for ritual use. Putting on that special jewelry helps alter your energy so that it’s more in tune with your intent. I believe clothing can and should do the same thing.

Think about it. Don’t you have a favorite pair of jeans or a favorite dress that makes you feel different when you wear it? They might be made of the same material as other clothing you own but when you put on this particular item it makes you feel beautiful or alluring or even comfortable and relaxed. I believe ritual wear should do the same thing for you. I have had many different dreams where clothing I have never seen before have been worn by me or other people within the dream. I think that those are the clothes I’m supposed to be giving to the world. I believe each person should have something special they wear as they walk along their chosen path. And I would like to be the person that creates it for them.

As I sat at my desk tonight working on my last two articles I felt the need to procrastinate (I am the Queen of Procrastination, after all) and in that procrastination I decided to get a little guidance from my Tarot. So I shuffled the deck and cut them into five piles before me.. and began asking questions.

  1. Where should I start?
    1. The card I drew was The Fool
- The meaning is: Purity of Heart. Lack of discipline. One seeking fulfillment and experience. Freedom, lack of restraint.

·        I took this to mean that my intentions are pure of heart when it comes to seeking fulfillment and a true experience. And since what I long for is freedom and lack of restraint I needed to stop holding myself down and allow myself to follow the dreams I have.
  1. What should I do?
    1. The card I drew was The Star
- The meaning is: Hope and faith. A blending of the best of the past and present. Bright prospects. Mastering the occult arts. An awareness of two worlds.

·        I took this to mean that I needed to have faith in myself and trust where my heart lies. I am pagan and must remember that is where my heart always turns. I should master my knowledge of this path and use that knowledge to create something that is needed in both the mundane (every day wear) and the occult (ritual wear).
  1. How long will it take?
    1. The card I drew was The Devil, in reverse
- The meaning is: A release from bondage. A rest. A new life’s direction.

·        I took this to mean that I needed to stop allowing worry and concern hold me back from taking a new direction in my life through the creation of ritual wear and other clothing. I also believe I was being told to take a rest so that I can properly prepare for this new direction. I need all my ducks in a row first.
  1. Will I be successful?
    1. The card I drew was the 3 of Pentacles
- The meaning is: Skills and abilities will be appreciated and rewarded. Artistic ability, rank, power, achievement. Success through effort.

·        I took this to mean that as long as I used the skills and abilities that I have I will be successful. But to ensure this success I needed to work hard and keep improving my skill set through learning from others and learning on my own.
  1. Will I be happy?
    1. The card I drew was the Wheel of Fortune
- The meaning is: Change, destiny, fortune, good luck, the end of troubles in sight. Moving ahead for better or worse.

·        I took this to mean that I will be happy because I will be doing what I love. There will be good times and there will be bad times, as there should be in life, but over all I will be happy. This settled the fears that immediately rose with the thought of truly pursuing this plan.

I want to create a place of contentment where I can help other people get what they want and need through my creations. I want to be able to create things that are influenced by the buyer so that when they put them on they can feel their energy shift to magical and feel powerful within them. I’m always happier when other people are happy. The key to my own happiness is being able to make someone else happy.

Pounds lost: 12.1 (376.9)
Daily insight: Find your path and walk it with pride, strength, and determination. With that you can never fail.
Ounces of water consumed: 64
Steps in the right direction: 91

No comments:

Post a Comment