Monday, December 20, 2010

Contented chaos…

Today was a busy day. I got up early to run my holiday cards to the post office (I know, I know.. laaaaaaate) and am just glad that I got them on their way. My family and friends know I love them, but it’s always nice to get a card in the mail. :) I then went and picked up my sister so she can do her stealthy business at my house in preparation of her holiday on the 25th. She and my nephew had to make a quick trip back into town so I ran off for an errand of my own.

When I got back I had just missed my sister and with a pout went inside to get to work. I was pleasantly surprised about an hour later when my nephew called and said they were on their way back. Three visits in one day? Yay!

While they were here I skipped the computer for a hot glue gun so I could finish my tree skirt. I think it turned out great! A little small, though, so I might have to add some more felt around the edges and hide it with ribbon. :) I had to cut it small because I ran out of paisley ribbon. Hehe. Figures!


I burned my fingers and attacked myself with the glue gun, but all’s well that ends well.

I’m really looking forward to the lunar eclipse of the full moon tonight/tomorrow morning. It’s very exciting, especially since it coincides with the Solstice! Here on the west coast the eclipse is to start at 10:33 pm and last for a total of 3-1/2 hours. Now, it’ll take some time to get to it’s zenith and for the moon to take on a dark red/brown color, so I’m thinking I should hold off on going outside until about 11:41 pm. NASA says it’ll be at it’s totality at 12:17am, so I might just wait until closer to that time. Of course, it’s storming here and I can only hope to see the moon let alone the eclipse, but my fingers are crossed that I’ll get at least a break in the clouds to honor the Mother and such a momentous event. The last time a lunar eclipse happened at the same time as solstice was in 1638! It hasn’t happened in 372 years! It’s supposed to happen again in 2094. Yeah, I’m thinking this lifetime will have been long over and I’ll be on my newest one by that time. Wouldn’t that be a cool past life regression session!

The triple cool thing is that this is all happening when the Ursids meteor shower is also going to be happening. Now this meteor shower happens every year at this time, but come on.. how cool is this!?

Earlier today while working my puppy was sleeping in her little bed and she started snoring something awful! I looked over and she was curled into a tiny ball and sleeping hard! I smiled and thought to myself.. there’s nothing better than a happy puppy snore.

Today the diet was crap, I admit it. I got caught up in the chaos and didn’t check myself. But thankfully I did get in all of my water today. Yay! Thank goodness for small blessings.

I’m still working on my ritual for tomorrow. I think I’m getting close to having it figured out. Going to take care of some household chores tonight before full moon/eclipse ritual. I hope you get outside to enjoy the celestial event!

Pounds lost: 13.2 (375.8)
Daily insight: It’ll take 72 minutes for the sun’s shadow to move across the moon? Sounds like me on a good day. :D
Ounces of water consumed: 80
Steps in the right direction: 51

No comments:

Post a Comment