Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The hardest part…

I’ve discovered that in life, the hardest part of anything you do is the preparation, the planning. When you have work to do you almost always gather all of the things you’ll need to complete your task before you start. If you’re like me you get as much information as you can find that is pertinent to what you’re doing. That way it’s less likely that you’ll give misinformation or forget a vital step in what you’re doing.

Lately, preparation has been kicking me in the backside! I do a lot of preparation when I write for work and it’s taking up almost all of my time. I know that if you compare the amount of time I spend writing to the amount of time I do in research I’m spending 5 minutes of writing for every hour of research. That doesn’t seem very productive at all.

I recently discovered that most people in the article writing business use programs to do the actual writing for them. They just look through it to make sure it doesn’t sound like a robot wrote it. To me.. that’s cheating. How can you promise original content when your content isn’t even created by you?

What do I know?

I’m a little on the cranky side today. I couldn’t seem to drag myself out of my mood. Not even a yummy lunch of left over Himalayan food worked to improve my mood. I feel like I’m a wind up toy bouncing against the wall not able to move forward. I do NOT like that feeling.

I have no desire to step anywhere near the scale tomorrow. I don’t want to know what it says. There have already been a lot of obstacles in my way since I began and most of them have been me. And I can’t seem to get myself to step aside. What is holding me back? What is going on inside of my head that feels the need to stay right where I am? I don’t like being heavy. I don’t like being tired. SO why the hell am I trying to stay this way?

I wish I had a crystal ball that could give me the answers I’m looking for. Or better yet.. I wish I had a magic wand I could use to clear my way so I can move forward and succeed.

Pounds lost: 13.7 (375.3)
Daily insight: You know things are bad when even you lose faith in you.
Ounces of water consumed: 64
Steps in the right direction: 60

No comments:

Post a Comment