Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Trying to keep the energy up…

Yesterday/last night was so powerful that I had such high hopes and positive thoughts for my future. So when I went to bed I knew I would be able to keep everything going in the morning. When my alarm went off I hit the snooze button (it really is too close to my bed) without even registering that it was going off. I did it again two more times and then it auto-switched off. I opened my eyes again an hour later and looked at the time. My next thought was, What happened to getting up early? And my internal response was, Well, this is early for me… just not the early I wanted. LOL

I grumbled and pouted, but got out of bed and went through my morning shufflings that included taking meds and taking care of the puppy before I wandered into the office. I knew that I would have to get a LOT done in here today if I was going to have time to get my gifts for family finished.

And.. here it is, almost 11 am and I still have 4 more articles to write. I did accomplish the first 4 so I didn’t do badly. Unfortunately, if I’m going to turn in all the work tomorrow so I can sew for the rest of the day I will need to work on the projects tonight and write in the morning. EARLY. Not the kind of early like this morning, but the kind of early from when I was in school. Highschool. Bummer-ola!

I did get a lot more than it sounds like accomplished. I went to the grocery store and bought diet friendly food and I even made a run to the fabric store to get one or two things that were MIA here at the house. That took an hour and a half out of my day. I need a transporter! Things would go so much faster that way.

I do have to pat myself on the back a little and admit that when I went to pick up a salad I ordered (I really wanted fries from Wendy’s but I’d have to travel FAR to get them) and there was a sign that said “Add a 32 oz Pepsi for $.99. I saw it and without thinking went, Yay! When I realized what my brain just said I told myself.. This is your first test. Don’t give in so fast! You just made the promise to yourself and the Divine last night!

Needless to say, I did NOT buy the Pepsi that was calling my name like temptation on my shoulder.

It looks like I’m going to have to put myself through Pepsi withdraw again to get it out of my system. This needs to be a lesson about what “cheating” can do to you. Something so innocent looking can wreck some serious havoc in your life.

But as they say.. it’s the hardest things that end up being the most rewarding.

Now I’m chewing my lip about weighing in tomorrow. Skipping it would be out of the question, but I know.. and I mean I KNOW.. that the number isn’t going to be my favorite tomorrow. Oh well, I’ll face the music when it’s time.

Pounds lost: 13.2 (375.8)
Daily insight: It’s a wise woman that places the alarm clock across the room so she has to get out of the snuggly warmness of her bed to turn it off, letting the COLD wake her butt up!
Ounces of water consumed: 80
Steps in the right direction: 53

No comments:

Post a Comment