Friday, November 19, 2010

As Thanksgiving approaches…

As Thanksgiving approaches I find my thoughts turning toward the people and things that I am thankful for. One of the most important things I am thankful for is that I am finally home after five years. I can’t seem to stress enough just how glad and happy I am to be home. I was away for a long time and during that time I allowed what’s important to me to fall to the background of my existence.

Being home has reminded me of what I want out of life. Being unemployed is allowing me to start with a clean slate. I have no obligations, yet, outside of the things I want for myself. I have the time to take my dog for a walk if I choose. I have the time to finish the projects that have been sitting and waiting for my attention. I have the time to figure out exactly where I fit in in the world around me.

I know that I am struggling to make ends meet and I have spent a good long time looking for work. I’ve even found myself doing work that does not appeal to me because it will bring in much needed income. I am in that situation right not. I’m writing for someone about a subject that I just do not enjoy. As a matter of fact I am rather disturbed by the storyline he wants me to write. I am facing the decision of either going against what I think is right to make money or making the decision to allow someone else to take over where I left off.

I think I’m going to end the association and keep my pride and self-worth in the process. I have enjoyed writing (just not the subject) and I know that I will continue to try and find employment doing that. I am going to finish the deal I made with him and complete the scene I started, but after that I do not feel that I can continue along that thread.

I know that when Thanksgiving Day arrives I’ll be able to really write a list and supply details about all the things I am thankful for. But for now I am so very thankful that I am home once again. And I am so very thankful that the Mother has provided me with the opportunity to reevaluate what’s important to me. I know she will guide me to the employment that is right for me. It is my job to keep my eyes open so I don’t miss it.

Pounds lost: 7.2 (381.8)
Daily insight: Don’t forget to look around you and actually see what is there. The thing you want most might be there waiting for you.
Ounces of water consumed: 60
Steps in the right direction: 19

No comments:

Post a Comment