Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The day before the madness begins…

Today is the day before all of the cooking needs to start. I have a larger list of things to make for the family Thanksgiving than I usually do. I’m making deviled eggs (a tradition), pumpkin bread with walnuts and chocolate chips, a hot artichoke/chili dip, and fresh soft pretzel breadsticks. I started the deviled eggs tonight and will cut and make the filing tomorrow so I just have to compile them on Thursday. I’m making the pumpkin bread and prepping the dip (I’m not mixing it together because there’s mayo in it and I don’t want that to oxidize) tomorrow. That will leave the only actual item to be made on Thursday the pretzel breadsticks. I know that they taste so much better when they are fresh and warm so I’m not even going to make the dough until that morning.

My brother is hosting the family get together this year and he’s very excited about it. I’m excited for him too. He loves having family over and having us there all day. I think he’s a little nuts to want the chaos of a full house all day, but if that’s what he wants I’m going to give it to him. J

After yesterday’s terrific reading I thought today would have gone differently. Last night when I went to bed I started feeling sick and today I’ve been battling a tickle in my throat and just not feeling well in general. Unfortunately, after I took my grandma for her weekly shopping I ended up snuggled under blankets on the couch with a sleeping puppy. The only productive thing I did all day was shop and boil eggs. LOL

The good news is that I’ve been hired to write some articles and am very excited to start working on them.

The diet went well and my water intact was great. I have a plan for Thursday so I don’t fall off the wagon, so to speak. I’m still feeling under the weather so I’m going to crawl back under the blanket and get some rest.

Pounds lost: 7.2 (381.8)
Daily insight: Sometimes you just need to snuggle under a blanket and take a sick day.
Ounces of water consumed: 75
Steps in the right direction: 23

No comments:

Post a Comment