Saturday, November 6, 2010

Family is joyful…

Today was the anniversary party for my aunt and uncle. They have been married for 50 years. I think that’s amazing. My uncle made me tear up when he told me his life wouldn’t be as good without my aunt. He’s life was only wonderful because she was his wife. I think that’s just fantastic. No one invests those kinds of emotions any more or strives to have a marriage last 50 years. I look around me and I see a few that have lasted a long time and then I also see relatives that have married 3 plus times.

Personally, I haven’t been married once and I’m not sure I ever will. I believe marriage to be a life long commitment that both parties invest in equally to make it wonderful. Unfortunately, I have yet to meet a man that feels the same way about it that I do. I don’t regret never marrying and I know I could still have a child. I do plan on having a child one day, but I guess I’m not ready for that either. J

I loved being around my family today. I was so happy to see a cousin that lives several states away and enjoyed just “shooting the shit” with them all. They are very loving and always show true affection. Unfortunately, being a party my diet didn’t stand up to the chaos. I ate bigger portions but I did manage to avoid soda and only had water. When the cake came around I had a small piece (4 fork fulls) and a small scoop of ice-cream. I think I managed to avoid a major catastrophe.

Since today was such a long day filled with embroidery, driving, and visiting I’m going to head to bed early. I hope you all have a blessed evening.

Pounds lost: 0
Soda’s avoided: 3
Daily insight: Some times it takes growing up to learn to really appreciate your family.
Ounces of water consumed: 50
Steps in the right direction: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment