Monday, November 22, 2010

What does the future hold?…

In a previous post I mentioned that in the past I have determined if I was on the right track through déjà vu’s discovered through precognitive dreaming. I also mentioned that it’s been a good 18 months since I’ve realized any déjà vu’s. As a result, I admit that I have been feeling like I haven’t had any direction.

Leading up to a Halloween party this year I purchased a Tarot deck. Normally I don’t consult the Tarot preferring to use the Runes as my mode of divine communication. For the party I wanted the option for my guests to use either. As often happens in my family, my runes decided to hide from me. This left me with my beautiful new Tarot deck.

Tonight, a few moments ago in fact, I decided to do a reading on myself. I opted for the simple, traditional three card pull. The first card is your past or how you got where you are. The second card is your present or what’s happening right now. The third card is your future or what will happen next.

My first card (upright) is the 10 of Cups. My second card (upright) is the Wheel of Fortune. My third card (upright) is the 9 of Cups. According to the book of meanings provided with the Tarot deck The Cups is the suit linked to matters of the heart or material comfort and represents the element of water. It’s interesting to note that my astrological sign is an air sign.

My past is the 10 of Cups. Meaning is: Welcome home – Home, joy, and familial bliss. Peace. Love. Plenty. Contentment of the heart. Respect from your neighbors. I took this to represent what brought me to where I am today. I relocated back home from Southern California after a 5-year absence. I had lived more than a 2-hour drive away from my family for 5 years before that. So, I was finally home (no more than a 30 minute drive from any of my family members) after 10 years and I am happier now than I have been in all that time.

My present is the Wheel of Fortune. Meaning is: Change, destiny, fortune, good luck, the end of troubles in sight. Moving ahead for better or worse. Where I am now is at a fork in the road of my life, so to speak. I have endless paths before me. It is my destiny to be in this place at this time in my life. I am where I should be. And, thankfully, the end of my troubles is in sight. (Thank you Mother!)

My future is the 9 of Cups. Meaning is: Satisfaction, plenty, sensual pleasures, wellbeing, success, security, wishes fulfilled. To me, this means that my future is not bleak, in fact I believe this means that I will be successful in what I want to do with my life and it will provide me with the security and happiness I’ve always wanted in my life. There is hope for my future and with my hard work I will be able to do all the things I want to.

All in all this was an AMAZING reading and has set to rest a lot of the doubts and worry that have been eating at me. The reading was such a positive experience that I decided to do one final pull from the deck. I wanted to know what kind of job I would be getting and in what field it might be in. I was nervous but hopeful when I pulled this final card.

I received the Knight of Cups (upright). The meaning is: An opportunity may be presented to the seeker. Arrival of a lover. Appeal, approach, creativity, inspiration. What an amazing card to pull! My dream has always been to write for a living.. and to write about love and romance. I have started to venture out of my creative shell (so to speak) and submit my writing to review by publishers. This card indicates to me that my job involves the arrival of a lover and what good romance doesn’t! Romances start with one character appealing to the other and a situation that allows one to approach the other. And a story based on romance is created through inspiration. I have my answer. I need to focus on my writing and creating stories that inspire.

I feel blessed to have been given the chance to see the potential of my future and I am going to move down this path with good intentions and plenty of hope.

Blessed be.

Pounds lost: 7.2 (381.8)
Daily insight: Knowing what road to take helps you plan accordingly.
Ounces of water consumed: 75
Steps in the right direction: 22

No comments:

Post a Comment