Sunday, November 28, 2010

Exploring change…

One of the most pronounced and repetitive things we deal with in this life is change. As a pagan when we work magic we are creating change through the conformity of will. That means we are encouraging change every time we cast or create new beginnings. Change can be a positive force in life.

I remember once when I participated in a Bay Area event based on the Elysian Mysteries…when I traveled into the “underground” and met with Hades he asked me what I wanted, what I needed…and I told him CHANGE. He told me to beware of what I was asking for, but I knew that I needed things in my life to change. I was willing to allow it to change in negative ways in hopes that the changes would be positive as well. As above, so below, after all.

Change did happen for me. It was the following December that found me relocated to Anaheim. While my time in southern California kept me from my family there were a lot of positive changes that happened down there as well. I graduated with my Bachelor’s and went back for and got my Master’s. I lost 50 lbs and in the course became a BBW model for a little while. I dated and determined what I was looking for in the world of love and marriage. I gained it all back (blech), but that is the negative side of change rearing its head. You have to learn to take the good with the bad.

Change can be a positive force in your life if you let it be. The best way to create change for good is to not be afraid of it. You must be able to recognize change when it’s heading toward you and you must be willing to make adjustments in your life to either integrate the change or discover ways to avoid it. Now, remember that avoiding change in general will be detrimental to your life. There’s no such thing as something that never changes.

Never fear change, for it’s always there just around the corner. What will change next?

Pounds lost: 11.2 (377.8)
Daily insight: Change can lead to so many wonderful things.
Ounces of water consumed: 60
Steps in the right direction: 28

No comments:

Post a Comment