Thursday, November 18, 2010

Is it doing what’s right or doing what’s right for you?…

The issue of morality is important no matter what your faith or religion is. To often I have been the witness to individuals who claim to have a strong moral fiber and yet do “the wrong thing” just to get what they want. One of my favorite quotes comes from a character on NCIS sums up the difference between ethics and morals. “An ethical man knows that it is wrong to cheat on his wife whereas the moral man actually would not.” It seems to me there aren’t enough morally strong people in the world any more.

I believe in doing what is right and I consider the consequences of the things that I do. I know that if more people managed to look at the world this way there would be much less criminal activity and depravity. All people should strive to do what’s right. Not just what’s right for them.

The last two days have been rough for me and I didn’t post last night because I didn’t have anything positive to say. As you can tell I’m not exactly Miss Mary Sunshine in today’s post, either. I know that it has something to do with my chemical makeup after my monthly “gift”. The week after always finds me melancholy and negative. I usually counteract this hormonal upheaval by keeping to myself. I realize that I can’t do that if I am to keep my blog honest and real.

I gained 0.3 of a pound this week, which would have been worse if I didn’t spend yesterday and most of today on a liquid diet. I need to keep myself on track and keep my motivation on the task at hand. I allowed my emotions to control my eating habits instead of following the menu I have planned for myself.

My disappointment in gaining any weight at all has fired up my determination to start fresh tomorrow. I will not fail, no matter how many bumps in the road I come across.

Pounds lost: 7.2 (381.8)
Daily insight: The decision between right and wrong is easy. Do what’s right.
Ounces of water consumed: 60
Steps in the right direction: 18

No comments:

Post a Comment